Whilst we’re all well and truly locked down with the current Corona-Virus Pandemic and wondering when we might ever see some Rugby again, it’s a harrowing time for all to say the least!
So, we at Legends Hospitality thought we’d try and lift the spirits and give you something to do, with a fantastic prize on offer (no purchase necessary) – in fact it’s a prize that money can’t buy.
All ten questions are featured on this page and each week for the next ten weeks (even if we’re still ‘unlocked’ by then ) we’ll be posting one of the questions across all our social media channels (so 10 questions in all) with all winning entries going into the draw for the following prize:
- Two places at the Wales home match of your choice during the Autumn Series 2020 OR during the Six Nations 2021, for the pre-match lunch,
- Sitting at top table with our International Rugby Guest Speaker;
- The prize includes our superb pre-match three-course lunch and a complimentary bar, post-match food;
- Also you will be presented with
- An International Jersey for both of you signed by the International Rugby Guest Speaker
- A framed colour photograph of you both with the Guest Speaker (supplied post-event)
- An additional match-day gift each to remind you of the day.
This is a great prize worth having and all you have to do is email us your answers each week to enter the free draw for the prize. The draw will be made by Wales and Lions Rugby Legend JPR WILLIAMS and the result featured on our Twitter and Facebook pages, with the winners contacted by us.
So here are the questions. Once you have your answers ready, please email them to Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org. And Good Luck!!!
Which of these three players (listed below) was the first to reach 50 caps for the All Blacks?
- Zinzan Brooke
- John Kirwan
- Sean Fitzpatrick
Identify one of our speakers – a Wales and British and Irish Lions international who stamped his authority on the game.
Who has scored the most tries whilst playing rugby union at full-back for Wales (up to end of April 2020)?
Which father and son, related to the World’s greatest ever Rugby commentator Bill McClaren, both played for and captained Scotland in the 5 Nations (Dad) and the 6 Nations (son)?
Two more of our guests. Both captained Wales, although in very different eras. Name them.
How many times have Welsh players captained the British & Irish Lions in at least one Test Match (up until the end of April 2020)?
Name another two of the rugby legends who’ve spoken at one of our pre-match events – One is a Wales international back row who played for Llanelli and Cardiff who is standing alongside an Osprey with 142 appearances and counting (as of end of April 2020).
Name the THREE Welsh props who toured New Zealand with the British and Irish Lions in 1977.
Name FIVE sets of brothers who have both played rugby union for Wales (up to the end of April 2020).
Only ONE player from the legendary teams of the 1970s makes it into the top TWELVE points scorers for the Wales national rugby union team. Who is he?
Once you have your answers ready, please email them to Paul at email@example.com. And Good Luck!!!
Terms and Conditions
- Where there is only one entry with the highest score, that entry will be declared the winner
- Where there is more than one entry with the highest score, then the draw will be activated to establish a winner
- To qualify, you MUST attempt each question with an answer, so ten answers in all. All answers must be emailed into us weekly and only one entry will be permitted per person
- We will not be supplying tickets to the match at the Principality Stadium, however you will be able to watch the match live in our event room at the hotel if you do not have your own ticket to enter the stadium
- The ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ is organised by Legends Hospitality, Porthcawl
- The ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ is open to everyone, anywhere in the world
- By entering the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To enter the 2018 Rules Quiz you must:
- complete the 10 questions; and
- provide your answers and name via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On submission of your completed entry:
- you consent to your email address being added to Legends Hospitality database and periodically will be sent newsletters Legends Hospitality. For the avoidance of doubt, your email address will not be displayed or used for any other purpose; and
- you will be automatically bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ is free.
- All entries must be received by 11:59pm (GMT) on 31st July 2020. Entries not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be accepted.
- Entries that are incomplete or corrupted will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted by Legends Hospitality for corrupted entries.
- The first prize for the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ is as stated above. No cash alternative will be offered or change given.
- To be eligible to receive the first prize, entrants must achieve a score of 10/10 in the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’. In the event that two or more entrants tie for the first prize for the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’, those entrants will be entered into a draw. The winner will be the first entry drawn at random by JPR Williams.
- The Legends Hospitality prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or benefits in kind such as gift vouchers. The prizes are non-transferable.
- In the unlikely event that no entries are received before the closing date the prizes will not be awarded.
- The winner of the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ will be notified by email after the closing date. The winner will be asked to provide the names and details of the individuals who will attend the pre-match hospitality event and must do so within 14 days of being notified or they will forfeit the prize. One of the named individuals must be the prize winner, unless otherwise authorised by Legends Hospitality. The Tickets will then be personal to those named individuals and they will not be transferable.
- Prizes will be despatched by email. Legends Hospitality accepts no liability for lost or undelivered prizes.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Legends Hospitality hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the prize or a prize draw.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’, the decision of Legends Hospitality shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- At any time prior to the closing date, Legends Hospitality may withdraw or cancel the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ for any reason and may change the prize to a prize of a similar value. Any such cancellation or change shall be notified on Legend Hospitality website.
- Legends Hospitality reserves the right to cancel the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ and reject redemption of any Legends Hospitality Prizes if it reasonably believes that the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’ or any prize is being used unlawfully or illegally.
- By entering the ‘Lockdown Rugby Quiz’, the winner consents to the publishing of their name and country of residence on Legends Hospitality website.
- Legends Hospitality reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on Legends Hospitality’s website located at https://legendshospitalityblog.wordpress.com/
- By submitting the completed registration form to enter the draw you consent to the storage, use and transfer of your personal data by Legends Hospitality for marketing and related purposes.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of Wales and all and any questions or disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Welsh courts.
So, get cracking and email your answers to: email@example.com